Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Surprising Proliferation

Jurisdynamics of Environmental ProtectionOut of idle curiosity, I googled the term "jurisdynamics." Google came up with 158,000 hits. That seems quite remarkable to me. So far as I know, apart from some of Jim Chen's other writings (such as the book pictured here) the term's only usages have been in connection with jurisdynamics.net and its daughter websites.

To check the hypothesis that any random word coinage would produce a similar number of hits, I searched for "dynajuristics" and "dyna-juristics." I got no hits. (I did get an inquiry about whether I meant dyno-hueristics, but that also produced no hits.) Apparently, random word coinages generally don't produce results.

I didn't try to scroll through all 158,000 hits, so I can't be sure that they're all relevant.

As a by-product of this research, I am now claiming IP rights in the terms dynajuristics and dyna-juristics (TM) All rights reserved.

Addendum: Further research may explain the surprisingly large number of hits. Google apparently tags every separate item in the Jurisdynamics Amazon store, which essentially means all of Amazon's inventory. So we're not quite as world famous as the number of hits indicates!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Chen said...

Page by page scrolling reveals a much more reasonable 197 hits on Google. I'm not sure how or why Google overstates the number of real hits by an eyepopping three orders of magnitude.

10/20/2006 1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you hit the option for showing "similar sites", you end up with a much larger number -- but they mostly seemed to be the Amazon sites.

10/20/2006 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web Jurisdynamics