Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Shut up and drive

Jurisdynamics' epic road trip concert continues . . . .

Taking the Long WayReaders of this forum know how much I love the Dixie Chicks. I'll stretch almost any subject in order to work in a few Chicks lyrics. As anyone who knows me (or has followed MoneyLaw's obsession with Nanci Griffith, Madonna, and Liz Phair) can attest, I have a certain affection for the human voice between 170 and 220 hertz, rendered with perfect pitch and a particular sort of acoustic resonance. A Southern accent doesn't hurt, either.

And so I choose three songs from the Dixie Chicks' mindblowing 2006 album, Taking the Long Way. Whether these songs have any bearing on the last fourteen months (or years) of my life is left as an exercise for the curious reader. Just shut up and listen:
  1. The Long Way Around:


  2. Not Ready to Make Nice:


  3. Voice Inside My Head:


Cheat sheetOkay, I lied. Vous avez raison; c'est un concert à clé. It's worth listening to these songs in connection with these posts:
  1. Hardy boys and Heritage speakers, among other posts.

  2. Allodoxaphobia and doxophobia. You might also try these Technorati search results.

  3. Billy Beane hates the Mets, and so do I.

2 Comments:

Blogger Frank said...

Count me a fan, and I'm with Ann re "Not Ready to Make Nice"--marvelously expressionistic video, full of interesting (if only adumbrated) resistance to medicalized oppression.

1/10/2007 12:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the Dixie Chicks, I'm looking forward to when the DVD of their movie comes out, and especially I love "Not Ready To Make Nice," for all sorts of good reasons!

1/10/2007 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web Jurisdynamics