Thursday, August 31, 2006

Tuition 1, Tenure 0

Law studentsJurisdynamics loves student bloggers, especially the good ones. DePaul's American Constitution Society blog just spotted an incredibly amusing piece of political theater in New Orleans on the first anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. A prankster managed to bluff his way before an audience including Mayor Ray Nagin and Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco and delivered a speech that announced, among other things, that "Exxon and Shell have agreed to finance the rebuilding of the protective wetlands from part of their 60 billion dollars in profits this year."

Truth be told, I suppose I could have gotten the same information from CNN. But I truly must tip my hat, and gratefully, to the bionic eyes among DePaul's law students. Why? Because the very gracious way in which DePaul's ACS chapter acknowledged this forum's Rhapsody in Cyan shows how law students I've never met have a better understanding of my true political proclivities and loyalties than the astonishing number of law professors who draw false inferences from one or two lines on my curriculum vitae and are too fugging lazy to engage my work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web Jurisdynamics