Thursday, July 12, 2012

The farmer and the commerce clause

Roscoe Filburn

The landmark case of Wickard v. Filburn, 317 U.S. 111 (1942), has been the subject of extensive discussion on Agricultural Law, a sister site within the Jurisdynamics Network. Filburn has now drawn the attention of National Public Radio. I was interviewed in connection with a July 5, 2012, NPR broadcast that featured Filburn and its role in the Supreme Court's health care reform decision. I invite you to download the podcast of that interview. Better yet, simply enjoy the show right here:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jim Maloney said...

I remember being outraged when I first read Wickard as a law student back in 1993. The professor, George Cochran of Old Miss (visting at Fordham) asked me to write a dissent, so I did. I just found a paper copy the other day, and scanned and posted it at: https://files.nyu.edu/jmm257/public/academic/wickard-dissent.pdf.

7/24/2012 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web Jurisdynamics