Saturday, September 30, 2006

Job seeker's lament

Hsin-Chu Market

To those who are seeking law teaching jobs, I say this. I feel your pain. Here's an image that expresses how it surely feels.

Bird marketPhoto credit: Filipe Fortes's montage of photographs from the Hsin-Chu market in Taiwan. Among my recollections from my childhood in Taiwan is not the fish market, but the live bird market. Though the image at right comes from Malaysia, it is perfectly representative of what I remember. To think that these scenes hint of a coming global health crisis no one knows how to control.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has this empathy with the pain of others in the marketplace led to the adoption of vegetarianism?

10/01/2006 1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has this empathy with the pain of others in the marketplace led to the adoption of vegetarianism?

10/01/2006 1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web Jurisdynamics