Wednesday, October 17, 2007

New Kid on the Blog

Hello, my name is Bas van der Leij. I'm a New Kid on the Jurisdynamics-Blog, so this is my first short post. I'm Lecturer in Criminal Law at the University of Groningen (The Netherlands) and a part time judge at the District Court of Groningen. I'm interested in (Dynamic) System Theory and Legal Development (amongst others). In my opinion (Criminal) Law / (Criminal) Procedure can be described as a system in an ongoing development or change. Changes in the system are not necessarily explained by external forces. Some changes or developments may result from internal dynamics. It is said that if anything like a basic developmental mechanism exists, it is the process that takes its output as its new input, producing new output, which it (the system) takes as input, and so on and so on (see Paul van Geert (1994) Dynamic Systems of Development). For instance, I think we can see this mechanism (called iteration) at work in the development of case law. I'm interested in looking at legal development in this way and want to explore this more. At the moment I''m reading up on the subject of Dynamic System Theory and would welcome al kinds of suggestions and perspectives.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter Jones said...

Hi Bas
Good luck with your posts here. I wish I had some time to consider dynamics in mental health and health care. I have mentioned butterflies recently, in fact you may find the blog and site introduced below of interest...?

http://hodges-model.blogspot.com/

Originally created in the UK by Brian E Hodges (Ret.) at Manchester Metropolitan
University -

Hodges' Health Career - Care Domains - Model [h2cm]

http://www.p-jones.demon.co.uk/

- can help map health, social care and OTHER issues, problems and solutions. The model takes a situated and multi-contextual view across four knowledge
domains:

* Interpersonal;
* Sociological;
* Empirical;
* Political.

Our links pages cover each care (knowledge) domain e.g. INTERPERSONAL:

http://www.p-jones.demon.co.uk/links.htm

POLITICAL:
http://www.p-jones.demon.co.uk/linksIV.htm

I'll add Jurisdynamics to LINK II which includes complexity.

Thank you for your time and best wishes with your plans.

h2cm: help 2C more - help 2 listen - help 2 care

10/20/2007 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web Jurisdynamics